Friday, July 20, 2012

Victories: Cancer & Running



Its been a long time since I've posted on the old blog.  If anyone is out there.. I have some updates!


I've learned a lot about victories from an amazing friend of mine, Lauren.
Last year Lauren tragically lost her mother to ovarian cancer.  Soon after, at the age of 31, Lauren was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Then, cancer struck again less than a year later.  She was diagnosed with Acute Leukemia.  Watching my dear friend approach each of these hurdles with grace has been an inspiration to me.


Lauren with her daughter.

Currently Lauren is fighting her leukemia and searching for a bone marrow match.  Lauren recently returned home after a long hospital stay (victory!) and has started the next phase of her chemo treatment (victory!) For more on her story, see her blog.


Lauren's family, friends, and myself are running in the Be The One Run 5k in the next week.  It would mean the world to us if you could help by donating to our team.  I also strongly encourage you to register as a donor.


Training for my first 5k has been an exciting new challenge.  My most recent training time was 32 minutes.  Hoping to get below 30 on race day!!! I'm hoping to tackle a half marathon next.  More on that to come!  

No comments:

Post a Comment