Saturday, August 6, 2011

Taco Night

Every now and then, you need a taco night.  I remember taco night as a kid and how fun it was to pile on my own toppings.  As an adult, its an easy dinner.  Ok, its still pretty fun :).
In order to make my tacos South Beach friendly, I recruited my friend, the lettuce leaf.



Taco Filling
Ingredients
  • ~1/2 lb lean ground beef
  • Taco Seasoning packet (I used Trader Joe's)
  • Can of pinto or black beans 
  • 1/2 onion chopped
  • 1 small can of tomato sauce (~8oz)
  • 1 T canola oil
Directions
  1. Heat up the oil in a BIG saucepan.  Cook the onion for a few minutes.
  2. Add the ground beef.  Break it up with the spatula.  Add taco seasoning and mix around into the beef.
  3. Add the beans, tomato sauce, continue mixing. Continue cooking for ~10 minutes.  Allow it to cook down.
  4. Serve on tortillas, chips, or lettuce!
  5. Add toppings.  Suggestions: guacamole, sour cream/greek yogurt, cheese, SALSA.







Salsa for breakfast too! :)

In my scramble: portobello mushrooms, spinach, salsa, and low-fat colby jack cheese.  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment