In order to make my tacos South Beach friendly, I recruited my friend, the lettuce leaf.
- ~1/2 lb lean ground beef
- Taco Seasoning packet (I used Trader Joe's)
- Can of pinto or black beans
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 small can of tomato sauce (~8oz)
- 1 T canola oil
- Heat up the oil in a BIG saucepan. Cook the onion for a few minutes.
- Add the ground beef. Break it up with the spatula. Add taco seasoning and mix around into the beef.
- Add the beans, tomato sauce, continue mixing. Continue cooking for ~10 minutes. Allow it to cook down.
- Serve on tortillas, chips, or lettuce!
- Add toppings. Suggestions: guacamole, sour cream/greek yogurt, cheese, SALSA.
Salsa for breakfast too! :)
In my scramble: portobello mushrooms, spinach, salsa, and low-fat colby jack cheese. Yummy!