While trying to save some $$$, I don't want to miss out on my favorite restaurant meals, so I decided to bring it home!
My friend got me HOOKED on Brio/Bravo's Grilled Salmon Salad. I really wanted to use up the salmon I had in my freezer for this but I didn't have a grill. That's when I purchased my awesome flattop griddle/grill/pizza pan thing at Target (we've already used it about 5 times in the past week). Voila! Grill in my kitchen.
My version of the Brio/Bravo Salad
- squeeze of lemon juice
- desired salad toppings (I included onion, tomato, artichoke hearts*, and pita chips).
1. I roasted the asparagus instead of grilling it. The grilled asparagus at Bravo definitely tastes better, but for at-home preparation this was much easier and still very tasty. Simply toss the asparagus spears in olive oil. Salt & pepper. Bake in the oven for ~ 45 minutes at 400-425F.
2. While the asparagus is roasting, fire up the grill. Sprinkle salmon with thyme, lemon juice, salt & pepper the salmon if desired. I sprayed a little olive oil on my grill to prevent sticking. Grill the salmon with skin side up first. Flip after ~3-4 minutes. Grill other side for ~ 3 minutes.
3. Supposedly the skin should come off easily. I experienced some trouble.
4. Toss greens, feta, toppings, and dressing. Lay asparagus on top, then salmon.
The Brio/Bravo version features potato strings but I'm not a huge fan so I sprinkled some crushed pita chips to add some crunch instead. I was feeling too lazy to make my own dressing so I used a favorite.. Marzetti® White Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing and it was great!
*Since I'm talking about being frugal, its worth mentioning that I get my artichoke hearts at Aldi. Only $2.50 and great :)