Saturday, August 6, 2011

BAKE SALE









Yesterday I helped a friend out with a BAKE SALE.  How fun, right?




















On the menu:
Macarons, chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, toffee chip cookies, vanilla cupcakes, red velvet cupcakes, chocolate & PB rice crispy bars, lemon bars, rice crispy treats, brownies. Oh, and iced coffee. :)

While we had a rough start, everything came together in the end.  I was the cookie baker.  My first round of cookies came out super flat.  I then found new recipes for thick and chewy oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip cookies.  They were superb!


Macarons and Brownies were probably the biggest sellers.



These babies are my personal favorite.  Chocolate and peanut butter rice crispy bars.  I didn't make them but they appear to be pretty simple to make too.










The bake sale was a fundraiser to support her brother's Pan Mass Challenge Ride to raise money for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.


It was a hectic, fun, and successful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment