Sunday, July 31, 2011

You're doin' it wrong


I was doin' it wrong.
Sugar-free pudding is indeed NOT a phase 1 item. That being said, I still highly recommend Jell-O Dark Chocolate Mousse. Totally worth it. But for now, I'm saving the remaining ones in my fridge for Phase 2.

Today marks Day 11. That means 3 MORE DAYS on phase 1! For some reason today is hitting me like a ton of bricks. For starters, something really upset my stomach last night. Currently, I suspect it was the stevia mix I added to a ricotta dessert (which tasted like crap). One of the main ingredients in it is maltodextrin. Anyhow, I've been self-medicating with Goodbelly straight shot.

I've been keeping up with the running program, but thats proving difficult as well. I think it'll be MUCH easier once I can start adding some carbs back in.
This morning I felt pretty sick after my run. A cup of coffee and a scrambled-egg breakfast helped me perk up a bit. If it wasn't so stubborn, I probably would've just had a piece of whole-wheat toast and said sayonara to Phase 1. But seeing how I'm almost there... I'm stickin' it out. Just to say I did.

Today I had some tuna salad sans mayo for lunch. I adapted the recipe from the How to Boil Water cookbook. I used less oil to make it a bit healthier and served it on lettuce leaves instead of crusty french bread.

Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Servings: 4
Serving Size: ~1/2 cup per serving (makes 2 cups total)



Ingredients:
  • 1/8 cup olive oil
  • 1/8 cup Red Wine Vinegar
  • 1 clove of garlic chopped
  • Dash of thyme
  • Dash of oregnano
  • ~ 2 tbsp Fresh Chives
  • ~ 3 tbsp chopped red bell pepper
  • 4-5 kalamata olives, chopped
  • 1 can of tuna in water
  • 1/4 cup of Athenos Reduced Fat Feta Cheese with Basil and Tomato











Directions:
  1. Mix the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and garlic.
  2. Add seasoning (thyme, oregano), chives, bell pepper, olives.
  3. Mix in tuna and feta.
  4. Serve on bread, lettuce leaves, crackers, etc.

    For nutrition stats go here.


In other news...














We're moving! While moving day is still over a month away, we're just too excited to wait so we got a head start on packing. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment