Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Clinique Geek

Lets take a break from food for a minute to talk about my recent obsession with Clinique. Until 2 days ago, I didn't even own any of their products. Generally, I stalk makeup counters for about a month before I actually make a purchase.
My love for Clinique began when I began searching for the perfect foundation. I've used Chanel but they discontinued the one I've been using, although I wouldn't have bought it again anyhow because the packaging SUCKED. Chanel has a new foundation out called VITALUMIÈRE AQUA. I tried it. I liked it for the most part. But I wanted to find something less expensive. Also, I was slightly bothered because it separates easily since its water based (which is a actually a good thing).
Then I considered going the Bare Minerals route. Until I read this warning form Dr. Oz. That put an end to that.
Then one day while cruisin' around the mall with my trusty Mall Friend, I thought, “Why not check out Clinique?” I'm not really sure why I've steered away from Clinique for so long. I've always been attracted to Chanel's IT colors and fancy packaging. Clinique looked too boring. But for foundation, thats okay.

First I sampled the Even Better foundation. I liked the formula but the color wasn't a great match, and it was heavier than I'd like. I had my heart set on a squeeze bottle (esp. after Chanel's epic packaging fail on my last foundation), so next I decided to check out the Perfectly Real foundation.
I returned to Clinique and a lovely consultant matched me with Shade 04. Perfect! Gold undertones, fair, etc. It might end up being too dark for winter but in that case, I'll just buy another one. At $24.00, this foundation is a steal! (esp. after being sucked into Chanel for years).
I could NOT wait to order. At the time Clinique had a promotion: With any $30 purchase you got a free sample of the 3-step line. To get to $30, my trusty mall friend recommended the Brush-on Cream Liner because it gets rave reviews.
It arrived on Monday!!! :)



I've been using this for 2 days now and I LOVE it.
Here's why:
Color matches perfectly
Moderate coverage
Feels light
Packaging is clean and easy
Worth every penny.



































Check out how nicely it matches :)

















Brush-on Cream Eye Liner
The add-on. Very glad I ended up getting this because its AMAZZZZING. No really. It looks like liquid liner but its much easier to apply. My only gripe is that I need to get a new brush.  I'm not a huge fan of the brush that came with it (but brushes that come with cosmetics usually suck, right?).
Check out the pictures below to see how lovely it is!





What else am I wearing?

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Emerveillé (I might just have to do a whole post on this later because its seriously the most amazing eye shadow ever made).
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Gunmetal (in the crease)
Diorskin 'Nude Summer Glow' Healthy Glow Powder in Aurora(good luck finding this anywhere, pretty sure it sold out because its EPIC. Thank you Mall Friend.)


And lastly...Clinique 3-Step
Stay tuned for updates on the 3-Step line. I've been using it for 2 days now and I love it! Really balancing out my combination skin. I'll report back later :)





No comments:

Post a Comment